Karli Burridge, PA-C, MMS, FOMA
Many clinicians want to develop a comprehensive, evidence-based program for patients with obesity, but don’t have the time, resources, or know-how to do so! Additionally, many clinicians have questions along the way, and want to connect with and learn from others doing similar work.
I founded Gaining Health to help clinicians with these challenges. During the past decade working as an obesity specialist, I have developed numerous programs from the ground up. Using my years of experience and education, I’ve developed numeous resources and a support network so that you can spend your time doing what you do best – taking care of your patients!
Don’t recreate the wheel. Get your obesity medicine program started faster and more efficiently with Gaining Health!
Work with an Expert in Obesity Medicine
Karli Burridge is a leading expert in Obesity Medicine. She is a regular speaker and moderator at numerous medical organizations and is the President of PAs in Obesity Medicine. She has taught obesity courses for medical programs including the Yale PA program, and has been featured in numerous medical journals, as well as on WGN9 News Chicago and Fox 32 Chicago. She has authored or co-authored numerous publications in peer-reviewed journals, including several Clinical Practice Statements in the Obesity Pillars Journal, and has been a regular co-author of the Obesity Medicine Association’s Obesity Algorithm.
Honors and Awards
- America’s Top PA, 2023
- Raymond E. Dietz Meritorious Service Award 2020 (Obesity Medicine Association)
- Fellow of the Obesity Medicine Association (FOMA) designation (November 2019)
- Vernon B. Astler Award 2018 for the Advancement of the Obesity Medicine Association’s place and purpose to the media, government, and medical community (Obesity Medicine Association)
- Committee Leadership Award for ongoing commitment to OMA through committee leadership and involvement (September 2017, Obesity Medicine Association)
• Co-author: Obesity Pillars roundtable: Excessive weight reduction with highly effective anti-obesity medications (heAOMs). Obesity Pillars, Volume 4, December 2022. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2667368122000304
• Co-author: Anti-Obesity Medications and Investigational Agents: An Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) Clinical Practice Statement (CPS) 2022. Obesity Pillars, Volume 2, June 2022 https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2667368122000092?via%3Dihub
• First author: Obesity history, physical exam, laboratory, body composition, and energy expenditure: An Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) Clinical Practice Statement (CPS) 2022. Obesity Pillars Volume 1, March 2022. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2667368121000073
• Co-author: Nutrition and physical activity: An Obesity Medicine Association (OMA) Clinical Practice Statement 2022. Obesity Pillars, Volume 1, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.obpill.2021.100005
• Featured on AAPA News Central (Aug 2nd, 2023): Obesity Medicine PA Karli Burridge Finds Success with a New Approach https://www.aapa.org/news-central/2023/08/obesity-medicine-pa-karli-burridge-finds-success-with-a-new-approach/
• Featured in The Clinical Advisor: PA Provides Roadmap for Obesity Treatment Programs. April 11, 2023. https://www.clinicaladvisor.com/home/my-practice/physician-assistant-career-resources/obesity-medicine-access-to-care/